1. How do I submit ECE Return – RS61?
ECE Return Tutorial Video:
In Juniorlogs, ECE Return is submitted with the help of ECE Return wizard, helping you to walk through each requirement towards submitting your return smoothly.
Before you get started, some important points to note –
• Child attendance for the return week should have been recorded
• Staff details should have been updated
• Contact hours should be recorded.
ECE Return menu option
When you are sure that all the requirements are met, click continue to start the wizard.
ECE Return Week Date: You will see the ECE return week date, this date has been provided by the Ministry and will be set by Juniorlogs in the system.
Wait Times at Your Service: You need to fill the wait time for each specified age category as shown below.
Wait times: The time span from when children are enrolled to when they can attend your service.
The system calculates the wait times and populates this information for you automatically in ECE return. You can access your wait times from the MOE section on the left-hand side
For more info – See Wait Status Report
3. Teaching Languages at Your Service:
Fill the languages and the proportion of all teacher’s total time spent using languages in the ECE Return week as shown below.
The system auto-populates the languages and percentage values in the ECE return by reading language settings saved under Edit Centre Page from the left hand side.
Edit Centre page can be accessed under Settings -> Edit Centre menu. Refer to this link
• Provide at least one language
• Note: The system will allow you to override any information in the ECE return ensure you have provided at least one language
• You cannot select the same language twice
• The percentage must total up to 100%
• The ‘Percentage of time taught in that language’ cannot be in decimals, zero or empty.
4. Staff Activity for the ECE Return Week:
Staff who were present at your service during this week will need to be entered here.
• For non-educator roles, check the box for any role that a staff member worked in this week.
• For educators, provide the actual contact start and finish times for all teachers who were teaching in this week.
• If you have used a relieving teacher during this week, add them to staff record and enter the relieving teacher’s contact hours.
Remove any staff members by clicking on the red trash bin icon and add staff by clicking on the add staff button to the right
• If Educators employment end date is earlier than the ECE Return week date their names will not be present under the Service staff list for the ECE Return.
• Educators with Educational role code who have left the centre before or on the last day of the previous ECE return, cannot be included in the current ECE Return.
• Note: If you add a new staff member while running the ECE return, the system will not add them to Return and to bring the staff member in the ECE Return please rerun the ECE Return.
• Staff/Educators Records can be accessed under the Staff Record menu options. – See Staff/Educators section.
5. Staff Roles at my Service:
When clicked, the details for each staff member will be shown below. The system auto-populates the staff details that are saved under the Staff/Educator record section. You can update the staff details in the ECE return as appropriate. The system will walk you through the options and guide you through these areas.
Once you have entered all staff information a green tick will appear & once all the fields are filled the green continue button will be activated allowing you to continue forward.
The Staff Activity for the ECE Return Week screen will look like this:
At least one Staff Role code must be selected for each staff
a. “This person has a ECE /HBC/HBE STAFF” Role: If Staff is working as teacher role or worked in this role during ECE Return week in the Service, please select this Role.
- Highest ECE Qualification Code – Please select the relevant ECE Qualification code
- Employment start Date – The date when the Staff started with the Service, this is an optional field. But if this field is filled then the system checks the validity of the date according to the MOE requirement: Start date must be before the ECE Return week date + 7 Days
- Employment End Date – The date the educator has left the Service is optional, however, when this field is filled the system will check the date according to MOE requirements: End date must be before ECE Return year
- Staff Ethnicity – The Ethnicity of the Staff member must be provided (Ethnicity1 is mandatory and Ethnicity 2/3 is optional)
- Mark the checkbox “This Person is an ECE Teacher engaged in the education and care of children” to select the Qualification code of staff.
- When E12,E14 or E15 ECE Qualification code for the staff is selected, the answer will be yes, any other will be a No. If the answer is yes, the following becomes mandatory:
- The teacher holds a practising certificate from the Teaching Council – choose the type of practising certificate the educator has.
- Practising Cert Start Date – According to the MoE Requirements, if Cert Start date falls after a week of the ECE Return Week date, then the Educator cannot be added to ECE Return for that period.
- Practising Cert End Date – According to the MOE Requirement, if Cert End date is earlier than the ECE Return Week date, then Educator cannot be entered as a is Registered educator in the ECE Return.
- Is this person paid for this role at your service?
- Is this person permanently appointed in this role?
- Is this person full time in this role?
b. “This person has a SENIOR MANAGEMENT STAFF” Role: If Staff is working as a senior management staff member or worked in this role during ECE Return week in the Service, please select this Role. A person in this role working 25 hours per week or more is considered full-time.
c. “This person has a SUPPORT STAFF role” Role: If Staff is working as a support staff member or worked in this role during ECE Return week in the Service, please select this Role. A person in this role working 25 hours per week or more is considered full-time.
d. “This person has a SPECIALIST STAFF role” Role: If Staff is working as a specialist staff member or worked in this role during ECE Return week in the Service, please select this Role. A person in this role working 25 hours per week or more is considered full-time.
Contact Hours – A lot of checks are performed by the System so that it complies with MoE requirements. Contact Hours are only required when Staff has ECE or HBC role code. The Contact hours details can be left blank if the Educator has no contact hours in the ECE return.
- Staff with teacher roles can have multiple contact hours within a day
- Contact Hours Start and End Times cannot overlap
- Contact hours cannot be Recorded outside the attendance Hours for the ECE Return week
The total hours worked is automatically populated under Hours worked. Note that this includes all the contact, non-contact time and break. Only leave and any un-paid break duties of more than 15 minutes are excluded from the total hours worked.
- The user changes the ‘Hours worked ’ if required
- The system auto-populates the contact hours in the ECE return from the contact hours page. It populates only those duties for which the “Contact Hour” check is true.
- The user can change the contact hours if required
- Click on “Have You Reviewed Staff Contact Hours?” to proceed further.
Save & Continue button will get enabled only when the ‘Have You Reviewed Staff Contact Hours’ is checked.
6. ECE Return Data Confirmation:
Your confirmation is required to state that all data contained in the ECE return is correct – either click on No to go back to Edit further or click Yes to confirm.
– To view all data contained in the ECE Return, Click on VIEW Button
– To Print the ECE Return details, Click on the PRINT button
After clicking the Yes, you may see a warning message. This message occurs when there is a mismatch between contact hours and attendance hours.
Press CONTINUE to submit the ECE return or press CANCEL to amend the hours.
7. ECE Return Submission Confirmation:
Final confirmation screen – any of the options below can be used as appropriate.
Please see ECE Return History section for accessing previously filed ECE Returns.
8. Submitting ECE Return – Video Tutorial: