Juniorlogs has included a section called “RS7 Prerequisite Check”. Users will be taken through a preview wizard that will help identify any discrepancies in the data before submitting the RS7.
Users will typically use this area to finalise the conditions of the requested pay period, it is recommended to run a prerequisite check at least once before filing RS7.
a) Select RS7 Pre-requisite check from the MOE drop down menu.
b) After confirming your dates, you will be asked to verify your holidays and temporary closures
- Verify your holidays, clicking this will open the page allowing the users to modify holiday settings
- Verify your temporary closures, clicking this will open the page allowing the users to modify temporary closure settings
In circumstances where you are trying to identify the conflicts in attendance markings or if you would just like to cross check the markings during the term, this stage in the wizards will help you do.
Click on the exclamation mark to see the warning message, there are 2 warning messages associated with attendance
- Attendance for all the booked children is not marked
- It looks like you have marked the attendance as well as created a temporary closure or holiday on this day. Remove one of these entries.
Funded Hours Check
Funded hours calculation is at the very core of Juniorlogs system. The example below will help identify days where FCH hours are zero or has a conflict with a calculation.
- Click on the exclamation mark to bring up more information about the warning. This will help identify what actions you may need to take clear this conflict.
The types of warning messages you will see are:
- Marking attendance first and then recording the closure
- Attendance is not recorded in the system
- Click Synch FCH button to see clear this warning for the RS7 submission.
The next step is the Contact Hours recording (for Centre based only)
You are required to make sure that the contact hours are recorded for qualified and non-qualified educators for the funding period. Please go through list of the days identified when contact hours are not recorded and update the contact hours into the system as appropriate.
This is the last step of the wizard. You can now proceed onto submitting your RS7 from MOE > Submit RS7 Return