Each service is required to electronically file RS7 at the end of every term. RS7 submission dates will be announced & activated between the set period provided by the MOE. Your centre will only receive funding once the RS7 return is filed.
Start by selecting Submit RS7 Return option from the MOE menu. The wizard will step you through each page as you progress through your submission.
Step 1 – Simply click Begin:
Step 2 – Payment cycle selection, keep the date selection as it is and click Next:
Step 3 – Checking Holidays and Temporary Closures:
If you have checked this through RS7 Pre-requisite wizard already then simply click Next.
If you are here for the first time then check that correct Holidays and Temporary Closures have been added into the system. Please update them as required.
Step 4 – Attendance check:
This view allows you to check the attendance marked for each day within the entire pay period. When clicked on the ! (exclamation mark to see the warning message), it will inform you if some or all of the attendance hasn’t been marked for that day.
Step 5 – FCH check
The next step is the Funded Hours Check. This view will allow you check if you are up to date with the FCH calculations or not.
- What does it mean when you see a Synch FCH button for a given day?
It means that the FCH is affected by one of the following conditions
- Attendance is not up to date
- If the attendance has been entered correctly then the system has not sync’ed those yet
- Change of booking schedule and it hasn’t been sync’ed by the system yet
- Change of enrolment and it hasn’t been sync’ed by the system yet
- Simply click on Synch FCH button and the FCH calculations will be automatically taken care off by the system.
The next step is the Contact Hours recording (for Centre based only):
You are required to make sure that the contact hours are recorded for qualified and non-qualified educators for the funding period. Please go through list of the days identified when contact hours are not recorded and update the contact hours into the system as appropriate.
Click Continue once you have ensured that correct contact hours have been added.
Daily Data Page:
- This view gives you an in-depth overview of the Under 2s, Over2s, 20 Hours ECE, Plus 10 claimed hours.
- The Staff Hours column (Centre based only) shows you the total number of contact hours for your Registered and Non-registered staff.
- The dates on this view are hyperlinked to the Daily FCH view, which provides useful information on hour by hour FCH claiming for that day.
Click Continue to go to Advance days page.
Advance Days page
Here, each service based on its type will see a different set of information.
- Playcentres – will see Parent led days
- Homebased – will see All days information only
- Centres – will see All days or Sessional or Both depending on their operations.
Column Number of funded days your service will operate shows a number value based on the holidays and temporary closures marked. Please update these numbers if required.
Continue to the Attestation of Certificated Teachers’ Salaries (for Centre based only):
Please click on Yes or No as applicable to your service and Click Continue.
Final step – Attestation for RS7 Return
Enter the relevant contact information for your return and click Submit.
Once submitted, you can view/print this return from RS7 Return History section.