Kiosk – Attendance
Juniorlogs kiosk allows parents to sign their children in and out on a tablet which automatically marks a child’s attendance in real time.
It also allows the services to record Enrolment enquiries digitally and copy them over into the system to complete the enrolment.
Provisioning of parent accounts
- Juniorlogs will automatically add a unique PIN for each Parent account.
- The PIN is displayed under the List View > Parents
- Although this PIN can be overwritten, we highly recommend that the system generated PIN is used.
- When the system generated PIN is overwritten by a new PIN, the system will check if a PIN already exists and will allow you to set the new PIN (or not) accordingly.
Launching the Kiosk (available from Centre Admin account only)
To launch the kiosk – log into Juniorlogs system as you normally would using your Admin account details.
- Navigate to Attendance section from the left menu
- Click on Start Kiosk option
Sign-in and Sign-out
The Parent will enter their:
- Four-digit pin number
Tapping or Get Details will show the child(ren) assigned to the Parent.
- Tap Sign In to sign your child in for the session/day
- Tap Save and Exit
Similarly, for signing out
- Log in with 4 digit pin
- Tap Sign Out
- Tap Save and Exit
- In case of multiple children belonging to the same parent, the sign in will need to be performed on each child separately.
- You must sign in the child before they can be signed out.
- In case where a child was not signed out from the previous day, the kiosk will ask you to sign them out first followed by a sign in for the current day.
Attendance Marking – from Kiosk to Attendance page (automatic mode)
Once the attendance is marked from the kiosk, it will automatically show up within the Attendance marking page and will get submitted too (This is called Automatic mode).
To enable automatic mode the Kiosk Attendance checkbox (from your Settings) needs to be enabled. See the screenshot below.
Here, the attendance has been marked for the first two children and have been submitted automatically.
When will the attendance not get marked automatically?
If a child attendance has been recorded outside of the service schedule time, then the attendance timings will not be automatically synced. Instead, they will show up with a RED bar to alert you that an unusual time has been detected for the attendance marking. This will have to be corrected from your end to align with actual service schedule times.
Attendance Marking – from Kiosk to Attendance page (manual mode)
You may want to have the kiosk attendance set up this way where the attendance is not automatically entered and submitted but instead it can be confirmed/ changed before the final submission.
For this manual sync – the Kiosk Attendance checkbox (from Settings) needs to be disabled. See the screenshot below.
With this setting, the kiosk marked attendance will automatically show up within the Attendance marking page, however, it will not be submitted until clicked manually.
See the Kiosk timing column showing marked kiosk attendance – click on the arrow to copy it over to Time In and Time Out columns.
Editing attendance records
If you wish to edit a record
Click on the Pencil icon
It will now allow you to edit the times or delete the record or cancel your action.
Printing attendance records
Use the Attendance report for blue ink confirmation on attendance records by parents.
You can print out all the attendances marked on a weekly basis, there are options to print the report by Child/ Room/ Session (Centre based) or Educator (Home based).
Export options available for the report
There is no provision for Absence Marking from the kiosk currently.